The Picturedrome channel on Youtube has video of 1247, the GNR J13 in steam on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway in 1978. A number of us “younger” members won’t have seen this locomotive moving, so this is an interesting piece of film.
The locomotive was built by Sharp Stewart & Co in Glasgow in May 1899. It spent most of its working life in Doncaster, before being reassigned to New England in 1950, Hornsey in 1956 and finally Kings Cross in 1959. From there, it became the first lcomotive to be purchased from BR when Captain W G Smithtook ownership in 1959. It is now on static display at the National Railway Museum at York.
Photo: By Our Phellap – English Wikipedia, CC BY-SA 3.0